Friday, August 05, 2005

Kick Me Out - Piano, Arranged

Kick Me Out, 02:51

Right-Click on CD to Download.
Please let me know how you like it.
Kick Me Out
a.k.a. Send Me Out
Arranged April, 2000
I played a somewhat superior version of this tune as an improv set several weeks ago. I humbly request you listen to both versions to see how this tune has evolved over time. This arrangement was created in 2000.

“You Send Me Out” was named by my grandfather, Louis Starcevic.

Grandpa was visiting about five years ago or so and I took the opportunity to force him to listen to me play the piano.

Grandpa’s approval and high regards are two things I had desperately sought since maturing enough to be aware of concepts such as “approval” and “high regards.”

Therefore, I was very happy when he gave all indications of actually enjoying my music, and at one point he claimed to hear the lyric: “You kick me out, you take me in/You kicked me out, but you won’t let me go” (He heard this in the theme which starts at 1:10 in this arrangement)

At that point I named the tune “You Kick Me Out” in honor of Grandpa. I later changed the word “Kick” to “Send” for esthetic purposes.

I have heard some say that I should’ve kept the original name. Ah, well.

Grandpa passed away at the age of 90 in February of 2004. He was, and remains, the man whom I loved more than any other on this Earth.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your improvisation of the song. It has an mature feel. A little bit like George Winston.

18 August, 2005 08:42  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, I did not know you felt that way about Dad but I should have known. I did too.

27 September, 2005 03:16  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

very nice! a great piece to dedicate to your grandpa.

24 April, 2006 00:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home