Saturday, July 09, 2005

Three In Eight - Piano, Organ, Live

Three In Eight:
Piano, 03:50

Three In Eight:
Organ, 02:47

Right-Click on CD to Download.
Please let me know how you like it.
This is one of my newest pieces, and shows the direction I've been trying to figure my way toward lately; that is, alternate timings and interesting patterns which can be repeated but sound different depending on which notes are stressed.

Three In Eight is so named because there is a portion of the song within which I am playing four eighth notes on my left hand while playing three notes with my right hand.
Um, like 4/4 time on the left and 3/4 on the right.
I've since been told that what I am playing with my right hand is called "triplet eighths," and really isn't as interesting as I had originally thought.
Well, it is still a technically difficult feat for me to do, in any case.

I've included two versions. One is the original, which was created by me messing about with the pipe organ sound of my keyboard. The other is a bit more listenable piano varsion.
They are played differently, but are basically the same tune.
Let me know which one you like better! My wife absolutely hates the organ version.

2 Comments:

Blogger SafeTinspector said...

Then you and Heather agree! I guess I'm just wrong.
I suppose thats the normal state of affairs when men disagree with women, right?

15 July, 2005 15:05  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

The piano is like pebbles the organ is like water.

18 May, 2006 23:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home