Saturday, July 02, 2005

I Say It Often - Piano, Live

I Say It Often, 03:30

Right-Click on CD to Download.

Please let me know how you like it.
I hope you like this one, its among my best, although this recording is not my best performance of it. Listen closely to the first minute or so, as it is played one-handed. My right hand sits idle for a long time. And yes, I'm actually right-handed.

Originally this piece was titled, “I Say it Often, but It’s Still True,” but I felt that was a mouthful. The melody made me think of a possible lyric based on a facet of my real life with my wonderful wife, Heather.

I say, “I love you,” to her many times of the day and night, and sometimes I worry that she might think it’s becoming cheapened, or that it’s insincere.

On the contrary, I mean it every time I say it, and this tune is an attept to approach this facet of our relationship.

Now that I have Samantha, my daughter, this tune has an added element as I play it. I tell Sam I love her many times a day as well. But since she is four, I never worry that it is becoming cheapened.
On the contrary, when she throws her little arms around my neck and says, "I love you too, Daddy," I know I can never say it enough.

3 Comments:

Blogger SafeTinspector said...

Well, sometimes I skat. Does that count?

03 July, 2005 19:23  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

Wordless singing, but with word-like sounds. Like bee-bop-a-ree-bop or squap-bam-boo, or bee-da-dee-poddy-ho!
It's pretty common in Jazz singing, jive, and even blues.

04 July, 2005 15:37  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

But I was sortof joking, anyway. I don't usually sing, but sometimes I verbalize a little while concentrating on something.
I have such a disconnect between voice and piano that I usually cannot talk while playing without losing it.
I am always jealous of those people who can sing and play at the same time.

04 July, 2005 15:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home