Saturday, October 16, 2004

Sad-Sack Intro

- Sad-Sack Intro -

I have always had an urge to create something--to do something unique.

My mother told me I was special when I was little, that I was surely intended to be great. I believed it; I held that belief close to my chest as an inspiration and comfort throughout my difficult adolescence and early adulthood.

Unfortunately, at the age of 33 I have yet to accomplish greatness, and am left, finally, with an understanding that I am just a man like any other. A man whose possibilities have begun to constrict.

While I have always enjoyed being “full of potential,” I now realize that my potential is fast becoming spent.

A by-product of my youthful dreams of greatness and creativity was my music. Music is the closest I have ever come to achieving those dreams, and even in this I am mediocre at best. Fabulously mediocre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home